Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 22 - My Expertise



A few students came into the office today looking for their lecturer (my officemate, Dash), wanting to buy books for their Intermediate Grammar class. She was not there, so I told them to come back later. Because I taught them Basic Grammar last semester, they assumed I'm teaching a Grammar subject as well for this semester, so they asked whether they can the books from me. But I didn't, so I told them that I had gone back to my expertise, teaching Writing. When I said that, I guess I realized that I had found the reason why I was so miserable last semester. I love learning about grammar but I hate teaching about them. Writing, on the other hand, is different. I love learning about writing and I love teaching them. It's a familiar subject to me, where everything fits and I don't really have to find the reasons of everything, just in case the students decided to be a smart ass and asked about why the rules is this way and the rules is that way. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment